This model kit recreates the Japan Ground Self Defense Force Type 16 MCV combat vehicle. Unlike the previous release of this model, this version includes parts that represent the C5 variant which include a winch for towing.
- 1/35 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 248mm, width: 85mm.
- C5 variant features winch, turret-rear air conditioning unit, cleaning rod case and guards for the turret-side antennas.
- Build the model with or without a winch.
- Photo-etched parts authentically depict guards attached to the enlarged turret basket. Masking stickers are also included for use in the paint job.
- Includes one full (soldier) and two torso (commander and loader) figures.
- Semi-pneumatic tires feature realistic surface and tread patterns.
- Comes with a choice of two marking options to recreate vehicles from the 4th Company, Armor School Regiment, Camp Komakado (with winch) and the Combat Company, 1st Reconnaissance Combat Battalion, Camp Asaka (without winch).
- Item 12686 (1/35 Japan Ground Self Defense Force Type 16 MCV Metal Gun Barrel) from the Detail-Up Parts Series can be used with this kit.
This model kit recreates the state-of-the-art F-35A Lightning II in 1/72 scale. It inherits many of the detailed features first seen in our 1/48 scale release. Thanks to extensive research, the A variant of the Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II is available to fans in either preferred scale.
About the F-35A
Fighter jets have continued to develop since they were first seen in late WWII, to the point where modern-day aircraft such as the F-35 Lightning II and F-22 Raptor are often called “fifth generation” fighters; qualities such as their highly advanced stealth characteristics and network connectivity set them apart from earlier fighters. Developed under the Joint Strike Fighter Program (JSF), the F-35 integrates multiple functions into its design and there are three types at the time of writing: the F-35A conventional take-off and landing (CTOL) aircraft, the F-35B short take-off, vertical landing (STOVL), and the F-35C, with its larger wing and tail; across these three variants, the F-35 can accomplish various missions without impacting upon its observability and exemplary maneuverability. Multiple sensors are at the heart of its advanced capabilities, and the wealth of data harvested is shared via multifunction advanced data link, helping provide the crew with outstanding information via a large cockpit display and the helmet-mounted display system. The F-35’s maiden flight was in December 2006, and deployment with air arms in the U.S., Italy, Japan, and more is planned, as the aircraft appears set to take on a key role in the defense landscape in years to come.
- 1/72 scale plastic model assembly kit. Wingspan: 148mm, fuselage length: 218mm.
- Features refined molded depictions of radar absorbent material (RAM) sections on the surface.
- This kit can be assembled with one choice of the three ordnance patterns – stealth mode, air-to-air mode, and beast mode.
- Ordnance components can be attached to the weapons stations on the belly of the aircraft.
- (Weapons bay door can only be attached closed.)
- The fuselage with integrated wing has a realistic rendering of Blended Wing Body (BWB).
- This kit also features realistic renderings of the following sections:
- Y- shaped air intakes
- Cockpit and landing gear bays
- Engine nozzle (one-piece design)
- Martin-Baker US16E ejection seat
- RCS (radar cross section) enhancers affixed to top and bottom sections (two for each, four in total) during basic training exercises.
- Boxes stored in nose landing gear bay.
- Choose from open or closed canopy (not interchangeable after assembly).
- Flaps are assembled in the up position.
- Canopy and EOTS sensor fairing on nose undersurface are recreated in transparent plastic.
- Includes a realistically recreated seated pilot figure with Helmet-Mounted Display (HMD) and ordnance components (AIM-9X Sidewinder x2 and GBU-12 Paveway II x4).
- Comes with three marking options:
- 34th FS, 388th FW, U.S. Air Force Air Combat Command, Hill AFB, Utah
- 301st Fighter Squadron, 3rd Wing, Japan Air Self-Defense Force, Misawa Air Base 302nd Fighter Squadron, 3rd Wing, Japan Air Self-Defense Force, Misawa Air Base
- Includes masking stickers for painting demarcation of canopy and EOTS sensor fairing components, and a full-color painting guide.
This radio control semi-truck recreates the Scania 770 S 8×4/4. The Scania 770 S heavy trailer head is the newest heaviest-class trailer head added to the NEXT GENERATION SCANIA series in 2020. The actual S series in which this model faithfully recreates features a V8 turbo engine capable of 770hp. The 8×4/4 means double-axle 4-wheel drive at the rear and double-axle 4-wheel steering at the front.
• 1/14 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 610mm, width: 196mm, height: 320mm (excluding side mirrors, and antenna).
• The model realistically depicts the Scania 770 S 8×4/4, which uses a chassis that features numerous metal parts.
• The cab authentically recreated by precise injection molding, and its rear has detailed renderings of auxiliary machinery tower, fuel tank and air tank give it a heavyweight look.
• Just like the actual vehicle, this model has double rear-axle drive and double front-axle steering. It has the motor and transmission at the front on a metal ladder frame.
• Highly realistic suspension using metal leaf springs features lift axle. It can be moved up and down by hand at the second axle like the actual mechanism.
• Assembly type 3-speed transmission allows gear changes via separately sold 4-channel transmitter.
• Multi-Function Control Unit (Item 56523: MFC-03, sold separately) offers light, sound, and vibration operation.
• Interior parts such as modern-design dashboard and seats are included and can be installed together with the Multi-Function Control Unit.
• Includes a 1/14 scale driver figure, cab stickers and metal transfers to decorate the body.
• Required to complete: 4-channel Tamiya Attack radio, two servos, ESC, 7.2volt battery with compatible charger and Tamiya paints and finishing supplies.
This 1/20 scale model kit recreates the classic Porsche 935 Martini. The kit was first made available as a motorized kit (Item 20005 released in 1977 and 1999). This time, the kit features new Cartograf decals and new solid synthetic rubber slick tires.
• 1/20 scale plastic assembly model. Length: 235mm, Width: 105mm, height: 96mm.
• Features new realistic solid synthetic rubber slick tires for front and rear.
• The horizontally opposed 6-cylinder DOHC engine and interior are authentically recreated. Removable engine hood reveals a view of engine components even after assembly.
• Comes with new Cartograf decals to depict the car’s livery.
• Includes stainless steel antenna and one driver figure.
• 1/35 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 242mm, width: 98mm.
• The German Panzer IV/70(A) form accurately depicted based on extensive research at the Saumur Armored Museum in France.
• The hull is based upon the German Tank Panzerkampfwagen IV Ausf.J kit (35181) with new slide molding on sides, and late production fuel port hatch and return roller support frame recreated in detail.
• Aside from drive sprockets, road wheels and return rollers, other components are all new.
• Main gun moves – elevation/depression and traverse – accompanied by sighting device.
• Features opening commander and loader hatches.
• Features realistic depictions of surface sections such as cast gun shield and rolled steel fighting compartment walls.
• Assembly type depictions of lightweight tracks have one-piece straight sections.
• Large photo-etched parts authentically capture mesh Schürzen.
• Includes one torso commander figure.
• Comes with a choice of two marking options to recreate versions at the Eastern and Western Front.
• Use separately sold 1/35 German Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang Metal Gun Barrel Set (12660) to add even more detail.
Tamiya is proud to announce the 2023 Tamiya Catalog, which showcases our wide range of products, including static models, paints, tools, Educational Construction Series items, and Mini 4WD models, in addition to our 1/14 R/C Truck and 1/16 R/C Tank series models. This year, the Catalog is once again available as an English/German/French/Spanish four-language version