“Panther is the common name of a medium tank fielded by Nazi Germany in World War II that served from mid-1943 to the end of the European war in 1945. The Panther’s excellent combination of firepower, mobility, and protection served as a benchmark for other nations’ late war and immediate post-war tank designs, and it is frequently regarded as one of the best tank designs of World War II.
While sharing essentially the same engine as the Tiger I tank, it had better frontal armor, better gun penetration, was lighter overall and thus faster, and could handle rough terrain better than the Tigers. The tradeoff was weaker side armor; the Panther proved to be deadly in open country and shooting from long range, but vulnerable to close-quarters combat. Also, the 75 mm gun fired a slightly smaller shell than the Tiger’s 88 mm gun, providing less high explosive firepower against infantry, though it was still quite effective.
The Panther was also far cheaper to produce than the Tiger tanks, and only slightly more expensive than the Panzer IV, as its design came to fruition at the same time that the Reich Ministry of Armament and War Production was making great efforts to increase war production. Key elements of the Panther design, such as its armor, transmission and final drive, were compromises made specifically to improve production rates and addressGermany’s war shortages, whereas other elements such as its highly compact engine and its complex suspension system remained with their elegant but complicated engineering. The result was that Panther tank production was far higher than what was possible for the Tiger tanks, but not much higher than what had been accomplished with the Panzer IV. At the same time, the simplified final drive became the single major cause of breakdowns of the Panther tank, and was a problem that was never corrected.
|Item Name||German Sd.Kfz.171 Panther Ausf.G – Early Version|
|Item Type||Plastic Model Armor Kit|
|Model Dimension||Length: 254mm Width: 97.7mm|
|Total Plastic Parts||1200+|
|Total Sprues||26 sprues , upper hull , lower hull and turret|
|Metal Parts||copper cable|
|Photo Etched Parts||2 pcs|
|More Features|| The kit consists of over 1200 parts|
>the kit w/refined detail
>multi-slide moulded lower hull , turret
>photo etched parts included
Development of the V-75 Dvina air defence missile system, designated SA-2 `Guideline’ by NATO, started in 1953 as a medium to high SAM system for use against non-manoeuvring targets such as bombers. The system became operational in 1957 when the PVO-Strany formed SA-2 missile regiments of three six rail launcher battalions, with one of the initial deployments near the city of Sverdiovsk. On 1 May 1960 the Sverdiovsk units fired a total of 14 SA-2 missiles against a Lockheed U-2 high altitude reconnaissance aircraft flown by Gary Powers. The SA-2 is a two stage missile with a large solid propellant jettisonable tandem booster stage fitted with four large clipped delta stabilising fins. Towards the mid-section of the missile are four clipped delta-shaped wings with a second set of small fixed fins at the nose and a third in-line set of slightly larger moving control fins at the tail. The SA-2A/B/C models can be distinguished by the two sets of four, flush dielectric strip antennas in front and behind the forward fins.
|Item Name||Sam-2 Missile with Launcher Cabin|
|Item Type||Plastic Model Armor Kit|
|Model Dimension||Length: 180mm Width: 75mm|
|Total Plastic Parts||20+|
|Total Sprues||3 sprues|
|Photo Etched Parts||n/a|
|More Features|| The kit consists of over 20 parts |
-Newly tooled parts in accurate detail