I told you that we plan to offer several “what if” version of that “paper panzer”, our vision of it possible development. And our plans was for up to 4 modifications, each explained from technical point of view, not just “lest do weird drug induced vision of panzer46”, most of which are (softly said) idiotic. so far so good, the problem with all this is that we plan to do them in chronological order and the first of the ausf.J is kind of boring, because it looks almost the same (but it is not) as ausf.H with new (but very similar) turret. And as being “boring” I do not expect that much sales, so I put the project aside. The entire line (expect the last one) is designed and prototyped, but put aside. But during the pandemic a customer remind me about that project, we talk a little, I explain to him that he can just put new turret on ausf. H but it is not going to be realistic….in short we decide to restart the projects:) I mention several time that it is not just ausf.J turrets, but we will the list of changes with it:
– new turret from Pz.IV ausf. J, it allow for early (if the vision port at the front plate are retained) or late (with remover vision port) “production.
– new idler wheel used on actual ausf.J
– new simplified hull with rumored cut that the rear end of the hull, as on actual ausf.J
– ausf. J type exhaust pipes
– late type road wheels
– late type light weight tracks.
We kept the 4 return roller per side, because it is much easier to remove one and make it later sample that to add it. So that is it. Next time when we have free production slot (or indication from the market) we will proceed with ausf. K